Monday, June 9, 2014

so in January we're gettin' married. diy invitations.

Wedding planning so far...

I've been engaged now for just over 8 months and I feel like I have a pretty good handle on things.  They say the average cost of a wedding in New York City is $76,000 (anywhere else U.S.A. $25,000).  I don't know about you, but in my book $25k still seems like a lot.  But, at some point you just accept the fact that it's going to cost... and hopefully all be worth it. 

That being said, we're striving to spend more along the lines of the national average, but we'll see how it all unfolds.  We definitely have our work cut out for us.  I have plenty of resources in the city, so I fully plan to use them.  But, being that I have recently entered my third decade of life, and none of my city friends are married or engaged, I haven't been given any wise words or friendly advice on how not to have a wedding in the city that costs a million dollars.  

So I'm really excited to share my experiences with you, and hopefully add some inspiration to your own weddings.  One thing that I've realized is going to be really important for me... is to not bite off more then I can chew.  I am well aware that if I try to DIY everything, my head will probably explode, so I really have to recognize some of the choices I make and think objectively if it will literally make me go crazy.

The first thing I am 100% DIY'ing are my wedding invitations!


I found this great Portland based etsy seller named


that makes these amazing custom wedding invitation suites, that are stamps.
You buy the right kind of paper and ink, and you have everything you need to print them yourself.
So it's perfect incase you forget a few people, you can just make a few more.





This full suite + the save the date are $240 & available here.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment