Monday, October 25, 2010

inspiration.


In honor of my own very recent room renovation, I've decided to add some of the photos that have inspired me. If you're looking to redecorate, maybe you'll get a few ideas!



Carrie Bradshaw's apartment - after she redecorated.

To the best of my knowledge her paint color was a custom mix for the set but is very similar to Benjamin Moore's Electric Blue. I almost painted my room this color but thought it was a touch too in your face. So happy I wen't with Buckland blue.


Carrie's apartment - in it's original state as seen in the series.


LOVE this charming teeny-tiny kitchen.

Especially for an NYC apt. I wish I would have done this in my first apartment, but since there were 3 people living in our little studio, similar to cave dwellers... they would have never allowed it. :)


inspiration boards...

I think these are great if you need an inspiration board, I actually think this cork board image is where my jewelry/thumb tack board derived from... The top one is a little cluttered for me, but still very cool.






The room of Blair Waldorf



Coco Chanel's Paris apartment



Holly Golightly's apt in Breakfast at Tiffany's.



My old Chicago apartment... Much more spacious than my current dwelling. Oh well.




1 comment:

  1. Super lovely post you have delivered for your readers and fan-followers. As a new reader I might say it was an awesome tour to your resourceful blog and pleased to have some ideas and renovation to pick up my thirsty knowledge. The room renovation with bright and beautiful photos your inserted on this page made me very inspired and happy. The Carrie Bradshaw's apartment original state and after the redecoration, charming tiny kitchen, inspiration boards, the room of Blair Waldorf, Coco Chanel's Paris apartment, Holly Golightly's apt, your old Chicago apartment;- oh all the photos provided me new ideas and innovations. Anyway, for affordable comforter or any bedding items I would recommend pushplinen, a trusted home decor partner especially you can take a tour for your Round comforter.

    ReplyDelete