Thursday, November 10, 2011

DIY. wrapping paper.

If you love the laser jet printers at Kinko's as much as I do, then this project is for you.



I have a habit of collecting images that appeal to me or inspire me.  I keep them in a folder on my desktop and every once in a while I round up the ones I really like and head to Kinko's to print them.

My most recent trip I noticed that most of my images were in the same color family, so I decided to make wrapping paper.  Here's how to do it.


1. Go through photo websites like... 

2. Collect images that you like.

3.  Put them on a flash drive. You will need at least 3 images but no more than 9 per page.

4.  Open your files at Kinko's and when you have the print option... choose to print 9 images to a page (using the color printer). The resolution won't be high enough for you to print larger than that anyway.
Depending on how many images you have, they may or may not be repeated.  This example uses 3 images, each appearing 3 times per page.




Pictured above are 4 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 paper.  Depending on the size of the object you are wrapping you may need more.  

5. Tape the backside of the papers together to create 1 large sheet of wrapping paper.

And now you have your custom wrapping paper.



Here are all of the images I used, in case you want to use any of them.











No comments:

Post a Comment