Wednesday, March 28, 2012

five leaves.


FINALLY got to try Five Leaves in Greenpoint, Brooklyn after hearing raves 
about their shepherds pie & steamed mussels!  I think I have a new favorite restaurant!






Ft. Knox: cocktail recipe via the daily meal 
I've been dabbling with bourbon cocktails lately, but bourbon cocktails for ladies.
I like the taste of bourbon but I need it to be cut with lots of sweet. This was perfect!

House Made Ricotta $11
with figs, fresh thyme, honeycomb, maldon sea salt & fruit~nut bread 

This dish was definitely my favorite thing there, closely behind the mussels.
This is their photo from their site which appears slightly more appealing then my photo.
AMAZING!!!


Top Left: Steamed Mussels w coconut~saffron sauce, chilies, scallions & grilled sour dough $14
Top Right: Sweet & Spicy Brussel Sprouts with toasted pecans $6
Bottom: my photos of the house made ricotta... Mmmm.


Top: Organic Lamb Shepherd's Pie with honey roasted root vegetables $18
Bottom Left: Risotto of Duck Confit & Roasted Pumpkin 
with wild mushroom, sweet ginger & mascarpone  $19
Bottom Right: Mediterranean Sea Bass grilled whole with braised fennel, 
meyer lemons, green olives & marcona almonds $24 



No comments:

Post a Comment