Tuesday, January 31, 2012

outlined nails.

inspiration photo.

my version. not too shabby.


nailtiques: formula #2
milani: silver glitter
sally hanson: lacey lilac extreme wear 
sally hanson: celeb city extreme wear (not pictured)
(for base on the ring finger)
sally hanson: nail art pen in black/noir

base coats.

drawing the black tips... 

I could only find a nail art pen at Duane Reade.
I would have opted for a detail brush to do it free hand, 
but I gave this one a shot... 

It was okay, but it only gave me enough freedom to do the tips, 
it was too marker-like to do a full outline.

On the glitter finger I globbed on 3 coats of the glitter over the base.
note: don't even try to get the glitter off on your own. 
go to a manicurist. it can be annoyingly difficult.

I think I can do better, but for a first attempt... not so bad.

I got the correct supplies & finished the job today.
Kiss nail art paint (with a skinny brush) $7.99 at Duane Reade for a 3 pack set
(black, white & silver glitter)

& with a steady hand, carefully outline your nails.
It really wasn't that difficult. I promise.

Now... i'm super happy with this.

Oop! this just popped up on missladyfinger.com
but not before mine :) & I did mine a little differently. 


No comments:

Post a Comment